Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Deadline to enter the parade is November 24, 2023.
All entries must be lighted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Entry into the parade is FREE
• Awards will be given out immediately following the parade at the gazebo on the Downtown Square.
• Float trophies will be awarded this year in the following categories: Best in Theme (Classic Christmas /Holiday Memories), Judges’ Choice Award, Best Use of Lights, Most Whimsical
• Musical, dance, or other performances will be awarded trophies in the following categories: Mayor’s Award, Best in Theme, Best in Music, Most Original
• Creative use of Christmas lights and decoration are REQUIRED.
• Vehicle entry limits
o Passenger-sized vehicle entry (with no float): limit two vehicles per business - the exception to this is for organizations like the Jeep Clubs
o Oversized vehicle entry (truck, wrecker, etc.): limit one vehicle per business
• Parade entry numbers will be issued one week prior to the event date.
• Family-friendly Christmas music may be played or sung by parade entries. All other music is prohibited.
• Gentle tossing of candy is allowed; please be mindful of children and spectators.
• Holiday theme is allowed, but political messages are prohibited.
• Parade line-up is promptly at 5:30 pm.
• Each parade entry will pause briefly for review in front of the judges’ stand on the corner of Bolivar and 5th. Music/dance performances will be given up to 30 seconds to perform in front of the judges’ stand.
• All parade entries must clearly display their entry’s name and number on the front passenger side of the entry so that it is clearly visible to the judges. Non-float entries must clearly display their entry’s name and number on a banner or other written method.
1.All entries must incorporate Christmas lights of some sort.
2.The “real” Santa has already signed up to be in the parade—no other “live” Santa, please.
3.Deadline for entry is Tuesday, November 29th
4.Line-up will begin at 5:00 p.m. at the Stephen Baker Field on Wood Street in Sanger You MUST be in line by 5:30 p.m.
5.All entries must remain in the entire parade route. The parade will begin and end at the same location.
6.Throwing candy/items is allowed, but floats must have a walker on each float side –Total 2. If the float is an extended trailer, you must have a total of 4 walkers, two on each side. Please be vigilant of children running into the street.
7.Adults must ride on floats with children. No sirens or horns, please!
8.Horse entries should be lighted and decorated. You must have horse diapers/poop bags. Or a walker behind to clean up the mess.
9.All entries are welcome—horses, pets, antique autos, farm equipment, 4-wheelers, bicycles, golf carts, etc.
For more information, contact: Donna Green, Director of Marketing, at 469-559-5876
Your response should be how you would like for your parade entry to be introduced to the crowd and the judges.
By submitting my parade entry I understand that I/we assume all risks, and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur to me or anyone working or participating with me during the parade while I am on the premises of any of the parade events and I hereby release and hold harmless the sponsors, promoters and all other persons or entries associated with this parade.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field